A healthy, easy and balanced minced chicken recipe made with honey, lemon and soy sauce
We get out of our comfort zone with a sweet and savory recipe to change and above all vary the pleasures. This is a honey and lemon chicken that can be served with rice and seasonal vegetables. This moderate GI dish (= glycemic index) is naturally gluten-free, no added fat and lactose-free. Very balanced, it can be eaten as well for lunch or for the evening for a guaranteed change of scenery for the taste buds! So, on to the list of ingredients and the preparation steps to begin this culinary journey in Asia.
- 275g diced chicken
- 10g cornstarch
- 1 spring onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Sesame oil
- Sauce : 50ml of water, 40g of honey, 15ml of salted soy sauce, juice of half a lemon, 5g of cornstarch
- Mix the minced chicken with the cornstarch. Set aside a few minutes.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the water, honey, salted soy sauce, lemon juice and cornstarch. There should be no lumps.
- Chop the onion and the clove of garlic and fry them in a wok with sesame oil until they become translucent.
- Add the minced chicken and cook for 10 minutes.
- Pour in all of the honey-lemon sauce and stir until the sauce thickens. It takes about 5 minutes.
- Serve with cooked basmati rice and seasonal vegetables (preferably). Sprinkle with sesame seeds and spring onion stalks, for example.
A healthy, dietetic and balanced recipe for baked chicken curry bricks made without added fat
Who loves chicken curry will love this recipe for chicken curry bricks! They will be a hit as an aperitif or even with a meal accompanied by a salad or grilled vegetables. In addition, it is a recipe rich in protein, without frying, without fresh cream and without coconut milk, in fact without added fat. Baking in the oven avoids excess oil without removing the crispiness of the bricks. Awesome, isn’t it?
- 8 brick sheets
- 1 chicken cutlet (approx. 275g)
- 100g of cottage cheese (or light cream cheese)
- 1 tbsp mild curry
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the chicken cutlet in unsalted boiling water for 15 minutes.
- When the cutlet is cooked, shred it. To do this, prick with two forks and separate into strips (in case of difficulty, follow this video).
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix shredded chicken with cottage cheese, curry, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Taste the preparation and adjust the seasonings if necessary.
- Cut the pastry sheet in half and fold it following the steps in the photo below.
- Place the bricks on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper*.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. The top of the bricks must be golden.
- Serve with a mixed salad or grilled vegetables of your choice for a complete and balanced meal.