Sweet potato fries crispy and baked for a healthier version and are seasoned with herbs. A very simple recipe with which I accompanied the chicken club sandwich.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
To change potato fries, I suggest you try this version of sweet potato fries, even if you’re not a big fan of sweet potatoes I’m sure you’ll love it. My husband who is very picky enjoyed these fries…
These baked fries are so addictive!. Sweet potatoes, tossed with oil and sprinkled with spices, cooked until golden and crispy.
I had the idea to propose these sweet potato fries for the recipe game around an ingredient. Not knowing if I had time to make a new recipe, I kept it in my draft. All in all, I was able to prepare this Hasselback-style sweet potato recipe for you.
We like to eat sweet potatoes in all kinds of sauces, whether it’s creamy sweet potato mash, sweet potato chips, sweet potato soup or even roasted in the oven.
Once you’ve tried them, you’ll never have an excuse not to cook the sweet potatoes again.
How to get crispy sweet potato fries?
I tested two versions of baked sweet potato:
– The first is to place the fries in a single layer then drizzle them with olive oil and season them before putting them in the oven. After cooking, you get tasty fries but not crispy enough.
The second version consists of coating the fries with egg white, then drizzling them with olive oil and seasoning them with herbs before putting them in the oven. After cooking, you get crispy sweet potatoes… Try this version!!.
I cut my sweet potatoes neither too thin nor too thick to speed up the cooking. But above all to have that crispiness that we love so much at home.
These sweet potato fries are a great accompaniment to meats, grilled meats, sandwiches, burgers etc… And then it changes from the classic fries that we love… let’s not hide it!!.
There is no standard recipe for these fries, just preheat your oven to high temperature, then lay the sweet potatoes in a single layer and drizzle them with olive oil (or vegetable oil if you prefer).
Also, feel free to season to taste!. Sweet potato fries are delicious with these spices:
- Paprika or Smoked Paprika
- Chipotle spices
- Herbs of Provence.
- Cajun spices
- But also the spice mix Garam Massala
Halfway through cooking, turn the fries over and continue until fully cooked.
How to cook sweet potato fries?
- To start, preheat the oven to 220 C (425 F) then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into fries.
- In a bowl, pour the sweet potato fries and drizzle with olive oil. Then mix everything well so that they are well coated.
- Then season with salt, pepper and paprika (powdered garlic, Provencal or Italian herbs, etc.).
- Then dip the fries in egg white. Remove the excess and place them as you go on the baking sheet in a single layer, taking care to space them out slightly.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, until golden brown.
Baked sweet potato fries
- 2 sweet potatoes
- salt ground pepper
- 1/2 cac of paprika
- Italian or Provence herbs optional
- 1/2 cac of garlic powder optional
- 1 egg white
- 2 ca-soup of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220 C (425 F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into fries.
- In a bowl, pour the sweet potato fries and drizzle with olive oil, mix everything well to impregnate them.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika (powdered garlic, Provencal or Italian herbs, etc.).
- Then dip the fries in the egg white, remove the excess and place them on the baking sheet in a single layer, spacing them slightly apart.
- Bake for about 25 minutes (turn over halfway through cooking) until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.